Why Give Cats Giblets?
Giblets are an important part of a cat’s diet. This includes the gizzards, hearts, livers and necks of chickens or turkeys. Giblets are packed with essential nutrients that cats need to stay healthy. They contain high amounts of protein and fat which help them build lean muscle mass and provide energy. Giblets also provide essential vitamins and minerals like taurine, zinc, iron, choline and vitamin B12 which keep their immune systems strong.
Cats love the taste of giblets too! It provides them with variety in their diets so they don’t get bored eating the same food day after day. Giving your cat cooked giblets is also much safer than giving it raw meat since there is less risk for bacteria contamination or parasites that can make them sick.
How To Cook The Giblets For Your Cat
Cooking giblets for your cat is fairly simple but there are some steps you should take to ensure they remain safe for consumption:
1) Make sure you purchase fresh (not frozen) chicken or turkey parts from a reliable source as this will reduce any potential risks associated with unsafe meat products
2) Thoroughly rinse off all the parts before cooking – cold running water works best
3) Place all the parts into a pot filled with enough water to cover everything
4) Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to low once boiling has been achieved so that everything cooks evenly
5) Simmer uncovered until all parts have become tender (about 30 minutes depending on size of pieces). You can check by piercing one piece at various intervals throughout cooking time using a toothpick or thin knife tip – if no resistance is felt then it’s done!
6) Once finished cooking remove all pieces from pot onto paper towels allowing excess liquid/moisture to be absorbed while cooling down slightly before feeding directly to your pet – never give hot food immediately (allow 10 minutes max cooling time first)!
7) Store any remaining portions in airtight containers inside refrigerator where they should last 3-4 days maximum – always discard anything older than this
Cooking up some delicious gizzard treats for your feline friend doesn’t have to be difficult! Just remember these few basic steps when preparing these tasty meals and you will ensure both safety AND nutrition when it comes time for mealtime!