What Are Calico Cats?
Calico cats are domestic cats with a particular color variation. They have three colors: white, black and orange. The distribution of the different colors is random and unique for each cat, making them especially attractive to cat lovers who like their patterns! Their coats can also be made up of other colors such as gray, cream or tabby. In addition to their unique coloring, calicos tend to have a strong personality and can be quite vocal at times.
Do Calico Cats Shed?
Yes, calico cats shed just like any other breed of domestic feline. However, since they have shorter hair compared to some other breeds, they tend not to leave large clumps of fur around the house like some longhaired breeds do. Calicos usually require regular brushing in order to keep all that fur from getting tangled up in their coat—especially during shedding season when they may shed more than usual.
How Can I Minimize Calico Cat Shedding?
There are several things you can do in order to minimize shedding from your calico kitty:
1) Regularly groom your pet by brushing them regularly with a brush specifically designed for short-haired cats; this will help remove excess dead hair before it has a chance to get on your furniture or carpets! Also make sure that you’re using proper grooming techniques so as not to cause any discomfort for your furry friend;
2) Provide an adequate diet full of nutrients that will help maintain healthy skin and coat;
3) Give them plenty of exercise which will help regulate hormones which can lead reduce excessive shedding;
4) Consider spaying or neutering your pet if you haven’t done so already–this procedure helps reduce hormone levels in males which often results is less shedding overall;
5) Keep the air temperature comfortable inside your home—extreme temperatures (hot or cold) typically trigger increased shedding due to stress caused by uncomfortable environments;
6) Try adding essential fatty acids (such as Omega 3 & 6 oils found in fish oil supplements), B vitamins and probiotics into their diet–these ingredients promote healthy skin & hair growth while reducing inflammation issues associated with dry skin which might contribute towards excessive shedding too!